The client is a central government agency in New Zealand.
The government agency experienced challenges in a number of areas:
- There were concerns in regional offices around the country that their funding amounts were not being calculated accurately, due to the complexity of the demographic factors and indicators
- Calculations of allowances to care homes for the elderly was very complex, and always in arrears and difficult to reconcile with patient data
- Advice on the central agency’s website did not always match the most up-to-date legal rules and regulations
- When new rules and regulations were introduced by parliament, there was often an unsatisfactory lag before the agency and its information dissemination service could catch up and apply the new government policy
The agency invested in Oracle Policy Automation and engaged Monad Solutions, together with a local Oracle E-Business Suite consultancy, to conduct an OPA Pilot –
- Prototype rulebases were developed in 5 different areas to show the power and versatility of the product
- Business analysts and subject-matter experts were trained in the use of OPA and actively contributed to the development and testing of the rulebases
- Some systems were interactive determination systems suitable for public use online
- One system was integrated with Oracle E-Business Suite, which the agency used to store invoice records and other data
- Another system was designed to integrate with a data feed from another government department to allow easy eligibility determinations and calculations of pharmaceutical subsidies
The government agency now understands the massive potential of the product and is now prioritising the many areas of application.
For more information, please contact us.